This wiki was founded November 2008 and currently has 2011 active pages.
A Land United by History
A priestess of the Church of Light kneels in front of a statue of Solea Splendis, patron of mercy, and prays for the good health of her town. Just outside the temple, a feather-haired phoelarch walks back home from the general store ignoring the threatening stares of the others.
In an Aeros casino built right on the Bay of Talons, a tiefling smiles as he wins another round of magaz while onlookers shake their heads thinking the tieflings have enough money as it is. Down the street in the same city, a masked Jack watches members of the Red Rose Guild pick the pockets of unknowing travelers. The Jack will make sure they are brought to justice.
A People Divided by War
Nora has had peace for over thirteen centuries, but that has all shattered with the outbreak of the Severing War. Nora is in need of heroes. Heroes to help stop the battles that rage and claim lives of good men. Heroes to face the monsters that use the war as a perfect distraction for their nefarious ends. Heroes to save the land from itself.
This is the Dawn of a New Age. The Age of Heroes.
Dawn of a New Age (DoNA) is a custom setting for Dungeons and Dragons. It began as a Forgotten Realms clone in the early 00's and has since become its own unique setting. The information presented herein is meant to be the most up to date information as it occurs in game.
Where to Start?
If you're new to the setting or want to refresh your knowledge; first go adventuring, then read the major sagas and if you want to know about the sweeping history of Nora, check out the timeline. Of course, while not all of the pages are filled, they are being constructed and expanded constantly.
The purpose of this page is to allow knowledge about the game and the stories found within to be shared without tons of paperwork. In time, this wiki will be record to many unique features of Nora.
This wiki takes a measured non-mechanical approach to the world in order to cater to all game systems. However, if you are playing one of the below systems, setting rules have been presented, in whole or in part, in these portals. If you have any further questions, discuss them with your game master or visit the forum.
All the art presented in the web-page is owned by the individual artists. I have used this art with all due respect and admiration for a gift of artistry that I do not possess.
February 6th, 2015: Delving into the Past
January 29th, 2014: Back on the Airship
April 9th, 2013: 1,500 pages!
October 11th, 2012: Project 52
Our new forum is found here!
Did you know…
from Dawn of a New Age Wiki's newest articles:
- … Damosek the Mad saw into the future using his crystal ball, which he still peers out of to this day, from the past?
- … exceptionally strong steel can be forged from the Varthalla Islands?
- … Donovan ab Alexandros began ruling as High King when he was only twelve?
- … the Brotherhood of Thieves was actually the collective group of Fainish thieves guilds forming an inter-city alliance?
- … Elymia was an ancient Cyclopean state which existed during the Age of Magic?
- … the Otlandic prince Ulrik Routronia was killed in battle during the Bandit Wars?
- … William Swan lead the Swan Uprising along the Blue Regal to rebel against High Queen Brahm's rule?
- … Archmage Ceol Arisen died in a tragic explosion that claimed the lives of many other people?