A Land United by History
A priestess of the Church of Light kneels in front of a statue of Solea Splendis, patron of mercy, and prays for the good health of her town. Just outside the temple, a feather-haired phoelarch walks back home from the general store ignoring the threatening stares of the others.
In an Aeros casino built right on the Bay of Talons, a tiefling smiles as he wins another round of magaz while onlookers shake their heads thinking the tieflings have enough money as it is. Down the street in the same city, a masked Jack watches members of the Red Rose Guild pick the pockets of unknowing travelers. The Jack will make sure they are brought to justice.
A People Divided by War
Nora has had peace for over thirteen centuries, but that has all shattered with the outbreak of the Severing War. Nora is in need of heroes. Heroes to help stop the battles that rage and claim lives of good men. Heroes to face the monsters that use the war as a perfect distraction for their nefarious ends. Heroes to save the land from itself.
This is the Dawn of a New Age. The Age of Heroes.
Dawn of a New Age (DoNA) is a custom setting for Dungeons and Dragons. It began as a Forgotten Realms clone in the early 00's and has since become its own unique setting. The information presented herein is meant to be the most up to date information as it occurs in game.
We currently have 1772 active pages.
Where to Start?
If you're new to the setting or want to refresh your knowledge; first go adventuring, then read the major sagas and if you want to know about the sweeping history of Nora, check out the timeline. Of course, while not all of the pages are filled, they are being constructed and expanded constantly.
The purpose of this page is to allow knowledge about the game and the stories found within to be shared without tons of paperwork. In time, this wiki will be record to many unique features of Nora.
This wiki takes a measured non-mechanical approach to the world in order to cater to all game systems. However, if you are playing one of the below systems, setting rules have been presented, in whole or in part, in these portals. If you have any further questions, discuss them with your game master or visit the forum.
All the art presented in the web-page is owned by the individual artists. I have used this art with all due respect and admiration for a gift of artistry that I do not possess.
January 29th, 2014: Back on the Airship
April 9th, 2013: 1,500 pages!
October 11th, 2012: Project 52
October 6th, 2012: What I hope from the Archmages Saga
Our new forum is found here!
Did you know…
from Dawn of a New Age Wiki's newest articles:
- … rumor has it that Venture-Captain Lancer Rathshead has an illegitimate son with the Lady Joan Edwards of the House of Edwards?
- … the church inquisitor Francois Mervoi d'Roux is the brother of famed heretic Nikki Floren?
- … the oldest and most powerful dracolich is Jupiter, ruler of Aventus?
- … even though Tomaltach the Aedh hates foreigners, he married a southerner wife who was a devout levist?
- … there are some people in Midgard who don't believe the gods are worth worshiping called Heathens?
- … stone circles are used by many different races, including gnomes, elves and fomorians?
- … it is possible to travel between the majestic world trees scattered throughout the world?
- … bluecloaks member Edward Marsan was once the acting archmage for a year?
7/20/10 - 700 pages reached.
12/21/10 - 800 pages reached.
5/20/11 - 900 pages reached.
10/31/11 - 1,000 pages reached!
4/9/13 - 1,500 pages reached.